Tuesday 10 March 2015

Writing

This year, we have been working on organising our writing in paragraphs and adding supporting detail. Today we moved past this and are now specifically working on using precise vocabulary to add impact to our writing. Here is our criteria for this, followed by Miss Garland's first paragraph that we helped her to write. Poor Miss Garland!

The minute that I saw the droplets on the windows of the classroom, I knew that it was going to be a traumatizing afternoon. I crossed my fingers and hope that it would clear, maybe it was just a shower, a brief downpour, a little drizzle. When the deafening bell rang, I knew that my fate was sealed. He was coming. It was cold and he was coming. Cold meant track-pants. And track-top. Saveloy red. He would usually wear revealing rugby shorts, but the minute the cold weather began, out comes the Saveloy Suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment